Finally started...

Front wall framed...

Roof sheeting...

Soffit vents...

Front with door & window...

From the submitter:

We finally finished the new shed and the wife has moved her “stuff” in.  The project went well, although slower than the wife wanted..... She has little patience and doesn’t understand that the first time we do something new, it takes a while to get everything figured out so as not to ”screw-up” and make wrong cuts, etc.  Also, we’re both 70 now and not as spry, (read ‘slower’), as when we were 40-something...

Attached are some photos as the project progressed.  As you can see, I wrapped the building with ‘tar paper’ to help seal it from the weather.  I also went with vents at both eaves and at the front & rear peaks, instead of the roof ridge vent. 

We were also able to get vinyl siding and shingles that match the house! 

The wife is happy with the results and also was a very big help, holding the roof beams at one end while I nailed the other end then got to nail her end.  Also especially with the roof, supplying the shingles so I could stay on the roof.  She also did a great job of cutting the shingles as needed at each end of the rows.

Also, if anyone asks me about plans for a shed / out-building, I’ll recommend your website.

A good experience overall!

Thanks,

Wilmington, NC